Saturday, January 22, 2011

Worrying or caring...









Situation
Very often during the day 'Mrs. External Activity' distracts our attention and keeps us focused on the mistakes of others; we then keep trying to correct 'them'... 'for their own sake'... or for 'the sake of better cooperation'.

If only we just could turn within for 5 seconds and feel the disturbance of that worry in our hearts. (note: Miss Worry is the neglected daughter of Mrs External Activity)
Depending on our level of honesty we might find that this emotion is not really a caring one; pure feelings do not produce counterfeits and cannot cause upheaval.
Why is it that this effort to correct others brings upheaval...? What is the beneficial message that Miss Worry brings?
It is that... we have neglected ourselves... that most probably we don't deeply care about anyone (self included)...
By becoming attached to action, correcting, 'managing' or reacting to certain people or situations, our spiritual resources are depleted i.e. our natural peace and happiness that we had as children.

Soulution
To condemn Mrs External Activity would be unfortunately a very 'easy' solution...

The real solution is not actually difficult but rather unusual; it is different and it is always inside us. If we fulfil our need for expression in an appropriate way, by maintaining an inner caring attitude while acting, then... Miss Worry will change her name into Miss Lightness!

What does 'inner caring attitude' mean ?
If I really understood what real caring means then I would know what real responsibility means: 'I'm responsible for changing the role of only one actor in the field of action:...mine
The metamorphosis or change of others around me depends on my personal inner metamorphosis. Thus, by turning my attention within, where its natural focus is, worry starts diminishing... her message has been heard...

Exercise
Let me have short breaks of putting myself in the right direction many times during the day:
'...I have the greatest responsibility in the world... that of sustaining true caring in my life... of sustaining my internal happiness and lightness... from this inner state of harmony no corrections or reactions can ever emerge... no complaints or demands... from this peaceful state, pure thoughts and feelings emerge for everyone... this inner atmosphere can bring me the solutions and the harmony that I seek in relationships'