Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Escaping ... Part A'


Growing up a child will observe how adults invent numerous forms of escape from their daily routine, and eventually will start imitating them.. Sooner or later these pleasant pastimes become a source of limitation,addiction and finally pain…

Nature
Can nature itself actually be a form of escapism? If so,why?
"Because deep down I don't really want to change anything within myself. I can't stand the frenetic pace of life and the people around me… I just want to get my fill of peace, quick and easy…"
This attitude will make me sad each time I return to the city; it will make me oversensitive and/or sarcastic. It will make me forget that happiness in life comes when I honestly share the fruits of my progress and spiritual endeavor. This, however, can only be achieved on the field of relationship, and by overcoming its inherent challenges attain peace of mind.



But isn't this what nature does? It helps me progress ; it inspires me.

Yes, but our present attitude towards nature is more about using it as a means of escape rather than inspiration for self-improvement..
So let us be quite honest… we don't actually relate to nature… we exploit it, thus preventing ourselves from being spiritually inspired and empowered for the benefit of those around us.

So … how can we refresh and rejuvenate ourselves ? What are the alternatives?
Nature
Let us return to our nature ! Our true nature. Chlorophyll can only do so much! How much oxygen can it carry to my mind ? How can nature and external stillness empower me spiritually?
Nature can facilitate my relaxation for as long as I am there but this is not enough for me to change my habitual ways of thinking… I will return home with the same patterns…

It is time to start listening to the call of my peaceful inner nature, the call of time and the call of the supreme source: The call for real empowerment...
I am a being of peace and I feel this core of peace expanding when circumstances allow it… so it must exist!… let me be a little more independent of the external scenes today… now…

I connect deeply with my inner self and I remember that I am an eternal being… wherever I am…

Let me learn to quieten my wasteful thoughts and emotions and to fill myself with refreshing thoughts.. This is the oxygen that my mind needs…