Sunday, June 27, 2010

My self-respect and my... audience


Self-respect is the experience of my internal goodness and beauty…
…without an audience 

Situation
Sometimes when we contribute positively to a situation we have the subtle expectation of recognition and respect for what we have done… usually these are the times when we don't receive this recognition and we end up feeling disheartened; this in turn, blocks us from expressing our fullest potential…
   
Soulution
Let me turn inside and look in the mirror of my heart… where does this disappointment originate from? The reason we feel like this lies inside… the trigger might be somewhere out there but the reason lies inside and originates from a condition we have put on our happiness: "I need someone to witness my deeds… I need a spectator to applaud my role …"

 }By shifting my consciousness within , I withdraw my attention away from the audience and bring it back to its original position : I recognize my specialities and respect them by expressing them fully… irrespective of applause

 }By returning my attention to its natural seat, my self respect returns, naturally

Exercise: Τraffic Control

Measure your self-respect during the day:

1. How do I feel by not having a witness to my existence?

2. Do I have the power to exist and to share without being seen or heard?

Use the following exercise to bring your attention to its natural point. There's no need to close your eyes, or to stop your activities...
I withdraw my attention from everything around me and I concentrate on a point, high in the centre of my forehead…just behind my eyes…this is my original position and… where my attention goes, the energy flows… "I, the soul, am the eternal observer… I am a being of light… I am a point of energy emanating my virtues… my physical body gives me the opportunity to live in space and time… but the body is not who I am… I look through these eyes and express myself through this body… I am the charioteer of this vehicle… I am a peaceful soul… I perform all  my roles with care and purity… without expectations… My true beauty lies within me and I express it peacefully …