Thursday, July 1, 2010

The universal school : relationships














It is only through our relationships that we can truly know ourselves. Every relationship is another photograph of who we are taken from a different angle
}It is not necessary however to confuse myself with the belief that other people are my mirror, nor do I need to see myself through anyone else's eyes or existence.? Appearances can be very deceptive, and each one has their own path and sees things in their own way.

 A relationship is the mirror and I choose to focus the lens of my consciousness on how I feel and on how I relate through it... my concerns and care are focused on how I respond and on what I radiate internally and externally…

What we send out on the wavelength of our thoughts, feelings and attitude is what we give to ourselves now, and will come back to us in the end from others, tomorrow.

} Our relationships are our real workshops, the real classroom and laboratory of life... they reflect our true progress.

Relationship is not simply “I get along with some but I just put up with others” or "I have numerous friends and acquaintances etc". It is about understanding, building, nourishing and caring…it is about sharing my innermost qualities…

} Every interaction carries a vital lesson for my spiritual progress...
Take one relationship, look at it, explore it and ask yourself: “What does this relationship tell me about myself and my life so far?”; I let my relationships reveal me to myself.

As you 'send out' these questions you will naturally learn what makes relationships work, or not work, as the case may be! And the more you get to know yourself  in the mirror of your relationships the more you will be able to understand others.

Exercise
Think of two people you are close to. Now think about each relationship and write down what each of these people seems to bring out in you when you are with them.
What part of your self would you want to see more developed in each of these relationships e.g. humour, patience, humility (egolessness), internal detachment etc.?
What will you do today to develop these aspects of your personality?

… Evolution is not the natural course of the soul; it is a conscious choice