Monday, June 14, 2010

Traffic Control


When you feel that you 've become one with the keyboard...
When you don't remember why you are doing what you are doing...
It's really time to have your Traffic Control ...

During the day we can stop from time to time and check the routes of our mind... don't be afraid … it's won't take us long… we will be back to work in no time… back to our 'boss': 'Mrs. Action'

}It's not necessary to sit on our desk in a lotus posture or even close our eyes… we don't have to stop for a long time … the important thing is the quality (depth) of our detachment from our activity... 30'' is enough...it leaves the remaining 3570'' to do whatever we were doing…

Let me remember who I really am… let me gather myself from all over the place and concentrate on the center of my forehead…let me put myself back into the right position… "I'm a peaceful being of light… a peaceful soul… I remind myself why I'm here doing all this… "

}This is not a ritual but something that will take me beyond thought and bring me into awareness...

I observe the direction of my thoughts, my words, my actions... if necessary, I redirect them or keep moving in the same direction with more clarity and focus....
I don't need to try to stop my mind, or even distract my mind with phrases that will end up being a mantra…I want to feel my true nature through deeper understanding...

This practice of remembrance is called 'traffic control'. It is a means to refresh, recharge and reorient. When we forget to stop, the traffic of the mind becomes heavy and the driving tense, tiring, stressful and irritating and our mind and nerves seem ready to explode! To prevent explosions and emotional eruptions, which ultimately destroy or damage our effectiveness, we need to relieve this pressure regularly so it doesn't accumulate.