Monday, November 15, 2010

Stability amidst turmoil


We often use the words 'difficult' or 'turmoil' for situations that happen 'out there'. How objective is this judgment? Two persons may be facing the same situation and the one feels that 'nothing's new' while the other feels that it is very negative... So is the situation negative or are we negative...?

Situation
When we face negative situations our mind is the first to get influenced. The screen of our mind is getting filled with question marks and chaotic thoughts and soon we feel unstable... We cannot control our inner energy and thus it becomes destructive: thoughts and feelings, our invaluable inner resources are being wasted without our realizing...
Happiness seems so far away...
...because of this inner turmoil we forget that the reins still remain in our hands and that we can still transform our inner state. So we miss the chance and negativity overpowers us...  



Soulution
A negative inner state can be transformed into positive with the power of stability. This power is like an invisible bridge that connects us with success amidst turmoil; it's like trust: With this power we can flow around wasteful and negative thinking. Thoughts like "what... how... when..." or "if, maybe, I wish..."  cannot withstand the light of this power.


In this way our spiritual energy is not wasted through thoughts and discussions but is rather channeled to 'filtering' and 'transforming'. This stops our inner negative atmosphere and improves the external situation...
Stability Exercise
To remain stable we need an inner anchor. What is an 'inner anchor' and what is it made of?
We are beings made of light...thoughts, feelings, memories, realizations and with one word... experiences. We are a moving experience in the 'now'... but not all experiences are 'true'; some of them are 'false': for example take the experience of attachment instead of a pure loving experience or the experience of pleasure instead of  happiness. Those deep experiences trigger emotional disturbances within us.

Through silent contemplation and meditation I can have the experience of my true self. By getting more and more systematic in experiencing my true qualities of peace, purity, love, happiness and wisdom which are beyond any external stimuli, I anchor myself deeply within. The difference between a true experience and a false one is that the true experience opens the way for something more elevated ... the understanding of myself as I really am.
I sit quietly and I observe gently my breath and sitting posture... I let go of any tension in my body... I just check and let go...I don't need to close my eyes because I want to stay fully aware... I shift my awareness to the middle of my forehead and gather all of my energies back to base... to the place where I the detached observer, sit... behind my eyes
"I am a peaceful soul... I visualize myself as a sparkling star behind my eyes... I the soul am the battery of this machine called body... I have all the non-physical energy that is needed to stir this complicated constitution... I the soul, the eternal being of light, can tap into my true experiences... for a short time a detach from this body and create what I want to experience freely... peace... contentment... love... purity... wisdom... I let them become my experience again......"